Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Facebook Final

Originally I was hoping to work with an already existing page titled "NCHC Partners in the Park", but was still waiting to get the OK. Which I did, but not before the honors adviser at SUU, asked if I wanted to do a more specific page underneath the same organization. But if we are being honest, I wish I would have gone with my plan c to scratch the back of a local auto-body shop after they helped me out in the recent collision I was in, just because I believe it would have been a more successful page.


Anyways the page I worked with was the late bloomer titled, "Partners in the Park: SUU," which is     just a branch under the same organization hosted by SUU with their specific adventures, or projects as they are called, down in southern Utah.


Execution of Tactics: So PITP is an organization that was made to give honor students the opportunity to outdoor experiential learning at national parks and monuments across the country. And I was going to try and cater to the projects specifically offered by SUU, such as Cedar Breaks, Zion, Bryce, and Sequoia. I planned on building a specific community of people who already had a experienced, is experiencing, or will be experiencing one of the projects offered by SUU, with potential of advertising to eligible participants. Not only did I want to find these people, but remind them of their experience, tease the experience they were about to have, or let them know what type of experience was offered and start discussions that way. Also was hoping share PITP goal of educating how to love your parks, but not love them to death. My Facebook campaign definitely had hints of what I was trying to accomplish, but didn't reach to the potential I know it can generate, one of my hindrances was lack of guidance from the adviser I was working with on ideas she wanted to see, as well as not having access to old photos, registrants lists, and itineraries. This also hinder my own research for potential content for the page, but I definitely think I could have been a bit more proactive then I was.

Logos: PITP originated at SUU in 2007 with two projects, one to Bryce and another to Cedar Breaks. PITP has now grown into offering 11 projects for 2016 spread out across about ten different states, and yet they don't appear to have a recognizable logo.

So when creating this logo my goal was to try it universally recognizable, but versatile enough to adjust to the individual projects.


 This is the versatile logo. (Not this specific color)












The logo selected for the page.









The logo I'm proposing for the organization overall.
(Also not necessarily this color.)






Likes: I first started recruiting likes by inviting the people I had met on my PITP project and then the students that had signed up for the upcoming trip in Zion, along with the advisers thereof and a few others associated with SUU honors program. All my likes were organic, other than the desperate class likes Professor Young gave me for my second wave of likes, but desperate likes do pop up on the charts. I topped out at 42 likes, got a straggler at the end, and didn't have any unlikes.

Posts, reaches, types:






So a quick screen shot of some of the posts I made. Once I got things moving along I got, I've averaged about a 50 percent reach given the number of likes I had at the time. The interesting thing is that it didn't seem to depend too much on my timing, whether it was nine in the morning, or three or four in the afternoon, it stayed about 50 percent reached. The reach seemed to reflect about what I got, but I feel as though Facebook was lying to me when it came to the shares, or at least I never got notified. 

I was surprised to see that the couple of links I posted reached a few more people than I thought they would and I even got a click, woop woop. Definitely my most successful post by far was an album I posted from the recent project I went on. Pictures obviously a huge context on Facebook in our visual era, more importantly those pictures have people, and more importantly than that is that you tag those people. The album reached 444 and 33 engaged and continuing to do so, so that is exciting and which is why I had access to some photos from those older trips. 

People: So because my audience is such a specific group I wasn't surprised that my main age group was between ages 18-24, the average college and undergrad age. More women are involved and like that page, which might be because women are typically more active on Facebook, but also because the majority of women attend these projects. Something I am hoping to change and think the Facebook page could help accomplish to appeal to young men, like Derek Walters, in my targeted audience. 



The next biggest age group was the one after between ages 25-34, which I would guess are some of the advisers and professors involved thereof and likewise into the older ages. Definitely would like to see an increase in the ages as older trips and brought back and as the page and program continues respectively to really build that community and the memories made there. 

The people ranged from all over the country, which also doesn't surprise me based on the PITP organization, but also exciting to see it branch out in those ways. Below is the map of my targeted audience in the ad I created to give you an idea. 



Self-Evaluation / Summary: This campaign definitely has a lot more potential than I was able to produce over the summer. One of the reasons being I didn't have access to the information I wanted, but I also wasn't as proactive as I could have been. I was a bit hesitate to just "go for it," being that I was representing another organization and university. I am hoping to actually continue working with the page. I love this organization and want to continue to be a part of it as it continues to grow and help it in its growth. Couple things that I would and/or will continue to do differently is; One, become more educated on the parks and the projects that will be and have been offered. Two, if I took on more campaigns I might make a separate individual, but professional Facebook account, so that way I could like people and pages that I need to like for the campaigns, but keep my personal page separate.
I definitely still have a lot to learn about Facebook and its inner workings, but this has been a great introduction.















No comments:

Post a Comment